To prevent respiratory droplets from spreading while you are out and about, many people are choosing to wear fabric face masks and some establishments are asking patrons to wear them. We are offering this comfortable and convenient solution. Each handmade fabric mask features:
- Three (3) layers: an outside layer of tightly woven quilting cotton or lightweight canvas or twill; an inner layer of non-woven synthetic fabric (per City of Chicago's recommendations), such as industrial shop towel or polyester interfacing, a lining of 100% cotton white muslin fabric.
- Elastic ear loops (1/4" black or white braided elastic).
- Braided elastic, which is superior to knitted elastic, for durability and strength.
- Four (4) neat pleats on each side to create shaping and structure to fit the contours of the face.
- Fashionable, high-quality print or solid front fabrics.
- A design that is machine-washable on warm delicate or regular, machine dry on low or medium. (Do not use high heat or apply a hot iron to elastic; heat will damage or melt elastic.)
- Finished adult mask dimensions: 7.5" wide x 5" tall at center spread; standard elastic loop 7". (Custom lengths available; email email@example.com to inquire.)
- Finished child mask dimensions: 6" wide x 4" tall at center spread; standard elastic loop 6". (Custom lengths available; email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.)
While fabric masks provide coverage to contain coughs or sneezes and contain the spread of respiratory droplets, it is important to remember that:
- These are not medical devices.
- These masks should not be used in a healthcare setting in lieu of sterile PPE.
- This product has not been FDA-approved.
- This product is authorized by the FDA under the emergency use authorization for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.